Honeywell Instant Alert
You will need a User Name and Password to access Honeywell Instant Alert®.
You may use this service if you have a child(ren) enrolled in the Potterville Public Schools District.
Honeywell Instant Alert® Instructions for Parents
Register and Create Your Account
- Go to the Honeywell Instant Alert® for Schools website at https://instantalert.honeywell.com.
- If you are not a staff member in the school, click on ‘Parent’ in the New User box.
- If you are a staff member in the school, you could instead click on ‘School Staff’ in the New User box.
- Complete the student information form. Click ‘Submit.’
- Complete the corresponding screen. Click ‘Submit.’
- After receiving the Confirmation message, click ‘Proceed’ to get started with Instant Alert.
- Note: Remember your Login Name and Password so you may use it to update your profile.
View and check details about yourself and your family members
- Upon successful login, click on 'My Family.'
- Click on a parent name to view and edit parent details.
- Click on a student name to view details about your children enrolled in this school.
Configure alert settings for yourself
- Click on 'Alert Setup.'
- Click on the check boxes to select which alert type you would like to have sent to which device. Click on 'Save' when complete.
- If you would like to add another contact device, select the device type and enter the device details. Select the person to whom the device belongs and click on 'Add.'
- You are also able to set the days and times you would like your phones to receive alerts. For example, if you want your work phone to receive alerts only during the workdays, you could set the weekday start time to 8:00 am and the weekday end time to 5:00 pm and then uncheck the weekend box. Or, if you did not want your cell phone to receive alerts while you were sleeping, you could set the weekday start time to 6:00 am and the weekday end time to 10:00 pm and the weekend start time to 8:00 am and the weekend end time to 11:00 pm. You have the flexibility and control to set up your phones in many different ways.
- For e-mail, text messaging and pagers you may send yourself a test message. Click on 'Send Test Message' to send yourself a message.
View History of Alerts
Click on 'Alert History' to view Alerts that have been sent to you. Use the calendar icons and 'Alert Type' list to filter the Alerts.
- Go to https://instantalert.honeywell.com and click on the Help Request link in the lower right hand side of the page.
- Be sure to set your e-mail spam filter to receive e-mail from Honeywell.com.
- Click here for a printable version of this Instructions for Parents.
Honeywell Instant Alert® Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: I’m trying to register, and I received an error that says “Invalid login details.” What do I do?
A: This error means that you have chosen a login name that someone else has already chosen. Choose a more complex login name, such as a first and last name combination, or add a number to your name.
- Q: Are there any restrictions to the user name and password?
A: User names need to be unique across the database. They are not case sensitive. Passwords are case sensitive and need to be between 7 and 17 characters long.
- Q: I’m trying to register and I received an error that says my child cannot be located. What’s wrong?
A: A few things could be wrong in this situation. If it is the start of a new school year or you have just moved into your school district, we may not have you or your child loaded into our database. If it is the start of the new school year, you should wait a few weeks and try again when we will more likely have you added into the system. If you are new to the district, you should contact your school to have them add you into the database. One other possibility is that the information you are entering about your child is not matching the information we have in our database, which we receive from the school. You may either contact your school or Honeywell for this correction.
Parent Online Profile
- Q: How many phone numbers can a family have?
A: A family may receive alerts on an unlimited amount of phone numbers.
- Q: How many email and text addresses can a family have?
A: A family may receive alerts on an unlimited amount of email and text devices.
- Q: I am married but my spouse’s name isn’t appearing in our profile. What should I do?
A: This is because the school only gave us one parent name for your family. You can contact the school to have them add your spouse’s name in our database, and also request that they add the name into their records as well.
- Q: I am divorced but my ex-spouse’s name is appearing in my profile. What can be done to resolve this?
A: Instant Alert was built with flexibility to handle today’s various family situations. In our database, a child may belong to multiple families in order to allow alerts to be sent to those who are allowed information about the child. Please contact your school, as they have the ability to “split” your profile and create two separate accounts for you and your ex-spouse. You may also have them add, for example, your new spouse to your profile if you would like as well.
- Q: Not all of my children are shown in my profile and I can’t seem to add them myself. What do I do?
A: Please contact your school in order to have your other children added to your profile.
- Q: What happens if my line is busy or I don’t answer and I don’t have an answering machine?
A: Should a call reach a busy signal, the system will try the call a total of 3 times, waiting 5 minutes and then 10 minutes between calls. On non-answers, the system will try the call a total of 3 times, waiting 15 minutes between calls. If the call reaches a voicemail system or answering machine, it will leave a message.
- Q: How do the email alerts get through spam blockers?
A: We have made arrangements with some email providers to allow our emails into their system without the spam designation. Email systems let the user create their own list of allowable email addresses. If you are not receiving alerts on our email address, check your junk email folder and put @honeywell.com in your allowable email list.
- Q: Can your calls get through telezappers?
A: Yes. If you have a telezapper you should submit a request to our help desk via the Help Request link to ignore the telezapper along with the associated phone number.
- Q: Why didn’t I receive a phone call from the last alert that was sent?
A: Make sure that your profile is set up to receive the type of alert that was sent.
- Q: When I answered the phone call, the voice started over. What’s wrong?
A: The phone dialing system detected noise on your line, such as talking, coughing or typing. It assumed you were in a noisy area and you could not hear the message, so it started over for you.
- Q: Why didn’t I receive an e-mail from the last alert that was sent?
A: Make sure that your profile is set up to receive the type of alert that was sent. Also be sure to check your junk email folder.
- Q: I have my neighbor listed in my profile and set up to receive alerts. I received a phone call but my neighbor did not the last time an alert was sent. What’s wrong?
A: Even though you choose which alerts are sent to which people within your profile, the school still retains some control over who receives an alert. If the school sends an alert to the “All Students” group, the alert will go to the parents and everyone else the parents have designated in their profile. However, if the school sends an alert to the “All Parents” group, only the parents will receive the alert. The school may choose to do this such as when sending an early morning alert to delay the start of school so that only the parents are wakened at an early hour. Note: This question and answer applies to installations that were done prior to August 15, 2010.
- Q: What browsers can I use?
A: As noted on the Honeywell Instant Alert® home page, Instant Alert works best on Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox. You should avoid Mozilla.
- Q: What if I have concerns about data security and data sharing?
A: Go to our homepage at https://instantalert.honeywell.com and click on the Privacy Statement at the bottom of the page. We will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information of our members, the children for whom they have responsibility, or others listed as contacts in the system.
- Q: How can I get help?
A: Go to our homepage at https://instantalert.honeywell.com and click on the Forgot User Name / Password if that is your issue, or on the general Help Request link.
- Q: I filled out the form for a forgotten user name but I did not receive an email. What’s wrong?
A: The email address we sent your information to is the one we have in our records. If you do not use that email address anymore you will not receive an email. Please return to the Honeywell Instant Alert® homepage and click on the Help Request link.
Click here for a printable version of this FAQ.